Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

You would not be a happy camper if you walked in and found a box of excavator cutting edge teeth or the like sitting on the freshly painted cowl or fenders. Too many flat surfaces to resist the temptation to set something on. When our '46 was in the garage, I would find items deposited by my dear clutter pilot on the hood or fenders. When I had the doors off of the wagon body, I would constantly have to put items away that were set within..... Now she can't reach the flat surfaces to pile items on.

My your up early Buddy
    And your right there, we have a picnic table right inside the door at the shop and it doesn’t matter what it is in their hands that’s where it ends up!!!!
    That’s my job on the weekends, clean the table off bc they are to lazy to walk 12 steps to put it in the tool crib where it belongs. It’s much closer to set it on the picnic table and walk 9 steps to the time sheet box and get their paychecks.

Haha! I have to enjoy the fact that you and I feel the same paranoia. It almost like you get all jumpy as soon as you roll it out. Bird poop, stone drive way, rain and the worst, out of no where road resurfacing. Then you get the first blemish. It gets a little better. Now you might take it out of the garage.

I can tell you it is great when they finally roll out on their own TJ! I love a parade!

gm you are right on, on the flat surfaces. What is it about some, that any flat surface is there to set things on?
    Last edited by bmorgil; 03-11-2020 at 06:18 AM.

People are inherently lazy. I am the broom master both at work and at the rust ranch, and do like to keep things half way tidy around the shop. With the new garage addition/storage room, there will a ton more shelves put in..... But still there will be junk set on the workbench, heep, or fridge.

I had a method. I would take items that were left on flat surfaces and place them on the offenders bed. I got tired of putting things on their bed.

Gear Adrift

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    I had a method. I would take items that were left on flat surfaces and place them on the offenders bed. I got tired of putting things on their bed.
    The Navy had (or had..) a term for things not put in their right place, "Gear Adrift". Each shop had an area that they were responsible for keeping clean and shipshape. But, as in the cases noted, things tended to drift into places they didn't belong. For whatever reason, you would find an inch-and-a-half wrench laying at the base of the radar antenna. No, there wasn't a bolt that size anywhere on that antenna base.

Things like that just went into the trading bin. The radio guys never needed a grease gun, but there were times when bargains could be made to benefit those who had and those who had lost.

(As for putting things on the offender's bed - try hiding their Walkman under that pile of clean clothes they were supposed to put away..).
    Last edited by LarrBeard; 03-12-2020 at 06:59 AM.

I have a collection of tools under my desk. One of these days they are either going to ask where their tools are going, or they will no longer be able to borrow from the ones who manage their assets. More then likely I will run out of room for my feet.

I have no one to blame but myself.

FINALLY......Got her home and now the fun begins
    The Bride will be hard pressed to get me to come in the house this weekend, unless of course I run out of beer in my fridge

60566483774__E45EA605-2312-4BC6-BD64-3432966AB557.jpg60566485300__B8AAE1E5-FEC6-415B-87E5-357E042EC251.jpg60566486509__AFE2D30F-9010-45D4-A312-88476F1AD60E.jpg

Have you run the engine on the frame yet? This would be a good time to find the last little issue before you get all of her good clothes on.