Page 54 of 109 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

OMG! How in thee he## did they leave the piston out on a brand new assembly? Wow! I would hope they will be glad to send you a new one free of charge. A voucher for beer for your labor would be a good gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    OMG! How in thee he## did they leave the piston out on a brand new assembly? Wow! I would hope they will be glad to send you a new one free of charge. A voucher for beer for your labor would be a good gesture.

Got me Buddy, i can tell you I was not a very Happy Camper about 8:30 last night.
    Found another little (maybe Big) problem when I took the bracket that holds the slave cylinder off, the throw out arm fits on a ball (the pivot point of the TOA and is held there with a high tensile spring) but the throw out arm came off the ball and when I took the slave cylinder off the throw out arm fell to the bottom of the bell housing OMG what a nightmare this has turned into.
    Now the tub needs to come back off and tranny/transfer case unbolted from the bell housing to figure out what is going on in there.
    Like I said 1 forward and 10 back.

Do you remember the cartoon where Bugs Bunny was a test pilot and the airplane was infested by a "Gremlin".

Well, it looks like the Jeep Gremlin has moved out of Pelago's shop and taken up residence in Ohio.

Have any of you ever heard this statement. "Hmmm, that's the first time I've seen that." Well, I have, about a thousand times.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Do you remember the cartoon where Bugs Bunny was a test pilot and the airplane was infested by a "Gremlin".

Well, it looks like the Jeep Gremlin has moved out of Pelago's shop and taken up residence in Ohio.
    That's no S*&t Larry, I have watched Pelago's problems and thought to myself how in the world does someone deserve that much grief and aggravation but now I am starting to ask what "plane am I on"

Quote Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
    Have any of you ever heard this statement. "Hmmm, that's the first time I've seen that." Well, I have, about a thousand times.
    Seriously okiemark, I bet I have bought 150 master cylinders and I have NEVER taken the boot off to make sure it has a piston in it.......

I think I have figured out part of my problem with Novak Conversions, I ordered a HCRC-34 for a Chevy Bellhousing and what they sent me was a HCRB-34 for a Buick Bellhousing and if you get on their website and look at the 2 the Chevy is a longer throw out arm than the Buick and that I'm thinking is why it came off the ball.
    I never checked it when it came I just put it on the shelf until I was ready to install it.
    Oh well it's been 2.5 years what's a couple more days, might be quarantined to my Garage-Ma-Hall anyway if this virus thing doesn't get straightened out shortly.
    Better stock up on Heineken I guess!!!!!

Once upon a time there was a local liquor store that would deliver...… Definitely not here in the bible belt.

OH NOOOO gm!!! Do you have something to ferment? Cider perhaps? Maybe make a little Apple Jack?

Got her fixed without taking the tranny out, a clip on the ball was bent!!!!!
    Called Novak and they are overnighting a new slave cylinder to me.
    Thank God for small miracles!!!