Page 57 of 109 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

I am fairly short, 5'7 or so, shrinking everyday. I stare right at the top of the glass in my 3A. We must have had short torsos in the earlier decades. Maybe that's why you always see the windshield down in old photos. Either that or everyone was tall enough to just look over the top.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 03-25-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    I am fairly short, 5'7 or so, shrinking everyday. I stare right at the top of the glass in my 3A. We must have had short torsos in the earlier decades. Maybe that's why you always see the windshield down in old photos. Either that or everyone was tall enough to just look over the top.
    I hear ya Bob, I'm 6'1 and the Bride is 5'11, I guess we'll see when I get it mounted up.

I like the glass work, it will look great! I just have a tendency to notice some of the fine details... I drive the Long Suffering nucking futs.
    At 5'10",(5'11"before jumping a car and jamming two vertebrae together) the top of my head sticks up above the windshield. Each generation has gotten to be bigger in stature. Looking at aviator's leather jackets from the '40s and ' 50s, and the average size was in the 30s.

The tint looks real good with the color of the Jeep. She's a looker' that's for sure.

gm, I truly understand the vertebrae thing! I have three of them fused together. I went from 5'9" to 5' 8" in an afternoon. My son towers over me, we are evolving!

On my last day of bolting things on then off to get wired!
    Had to trim a little to get the air cleaner to fit but got it handled
    Even got bored and put some fender welting on yesterday after a beer and a winston.

60685626458__D92DD375-40D9-4114-90FE-CF3B34F0AB06.jpg60685627851__7806026E-CD97-4F34-BA0D-CDF48C0E9202.jpgIMG_1930.jpgIMG_1931.jpgIMG_1933.jpg

Looks outstanding TJones. We are all proud to see your project come along!

The air cleaner tops off the gem under the hood. You've done well at getting everything to fit like it belongs.

I bought some "Repro Steps" to put on my project so we could get in it and out without scratching the side of it all up, once I opened them up on Friday when they came I packed the " PRICELESS QUOTE by LarrBeard Cheap Bread Pans" back up and shipped them back. So I opened a beer,sat on my bucket, cleaned my fishing poles up and thought I can make some steps........

Step1.jpgStep2.jpgStep3.jpgStep4.jpgStep5.jpg

Got 1 finished up yesterday, I will get the passenger side done today then send them over to my Son to get them powder coated with the cover I made for between the grille and the radiator to hid some wiring,

The cover behind the the grille.
    Should I do it Black or the same as the body?????

Grille Cover.jpg

TJ, at this point your OCD has taken complete control. This is what makes show cars like you have, "Winners".

I have been there with Judges at some wild car shows. I can tell you I have heard one Judge say "I love that!". While the other say's "I hate that!". You have to go with what your imagination tells you looks good to you. Then like any true OCD person, if you don't like it, odds are you will change it any way. Know anybody crafty with a photo editor? Mock it up with a grill and have then "Shop" in colors different ways.

That &^%$*ing thing is looking top man!

Thanks Bob
    Your probably close on the OCD, your starting to sound like the Bride.
    I really believe with this nation wide shut down it’s made it a little worse, I get bored and look for something else to do to it.
    The Ole Boy that’s going to wire is recovering from prostate cancer and between recovery and chemo treatments his immune system is down so he is really locked up and wants me to wait a couple weeks until I bring it over, which is a good plan in my book.
    I took the Painless Performance wiring, the Sniper wiring and all the gauges over to him in a plastic bag and left them at his mail box so he could get it laid out how he wants to install it and get his arms wrapped around the diagrams.
    Until then I’m staring at it here thinking “What Next”
    Last edited by TJones; 03-29-2020 at 06:59 AM.