Page 73 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

Get the check book out, that's a keeper.

I like it! The Hudson radio is something that you don't see everyday. How do the floors look? I can see this being the Bride's ride!

I’m telling ya it is very solid, I pulled the floor mats up and thought I’d see daylight but was surprised.
    Nothing a little sandblasting wouldn’t clean up.
    He stole it at a auction a couple weeks ago and I’m thinking he wants to pay for his antique pulling tractor he bought the same day.

Don't go too crazy with a counter offer, but being the body is solid, that would warrant a good price.

Wow TJ if you are looking for an "Original Restore" that's the perfect "core".

I spotted that Hudson Radio also. I don't remember ever seeing one. That thing is pretty cool the way it sits.

I’d have to do a little digging into it to see if I’m ready for another project yet, but like you guys say it is a damn good core to start with.

On another note after a little run around town yesterday in mine I pulled her into the garage and noticed oil dripping from underneath, soooo I get the creeper and flashlight to try and find the next culprit and narrowed it down to the oil filter adapter for the remote filter. It had a hairline crack in it that just surfaced itself, must of opened up from driving it with a constant 60 lbs of oil pressure. Looks like it may have been where they tapped the 1/2” pipe threads or my overtighting the AN fitting for the hose to the filter on the firewall.
    Anyways she’s grounded until the new adapter comes
    It’s the little bugs that surface that drive me crazy on these projects after you spend years on and try to make them right the first go around.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Wow TJ if you are looking for an "Original Restore" that's the perfect "core".

I spotted that Hudson Radio also. I don't remember ever seeing one. That thing is pretty cool the way it sits.

Yes I’m like you bmorgil I’ve never seen a Hudson Radio, and scratched my head trying to figure out what the different knobs were for.

Just remember that if it has teats, tires, or tracks, it's going to give you trouble.

The adapter seems to be a usual suspect for a leak. The castings must be fairly thin, and can't stand the stress of the filter nipple then the filter installed. I learned the hard way that oil filters are installed hand tight, even on heavy equipment. It's the little things that can be expected. AN fittings are really good, but if you follow the torque instructions, they will leak. At work we modified the work instructions to state that you torque the fitting then mark them with a torque stripe, then turn them a minimum of a 1/4 turn.

" ...and scratched my head trying to figure out what the different knobs were for."

Left knob was ON/OFF -Volume. Right knob is tuning (or maybe vice-versa).

The buttons in a row are your station presets. Pull a button all the way out, tune in the station you want, then push the button back in. Those are 1940-era mechanical frequency presets and recalls. In 1963, the left knob was WHBQ (560 KHz) in Memphis, the second knob was another Memphis station, but the middle knob (on a 5-button setup) was always WLS, 890 in Chicago. The right two were the local stations that no one really listened to except for St. Louis Cardinals baseball with Harry Carey.

There are still old coots around who can fix old auto radios, but even I am not sure if it is worth the effort.
    Last edited by LarrBeard; 07-12-2020 at 12:47 PM.

I figured you would know if anybody did about the radio Larry