Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

Not being an expert, asking what would make it worth the money? What's an average price for one in that condition?

I guess we are about to find out Az. After that one sells it could set the market! I would think more like $5 grand. Missing the 24 volt system is going to hurt. As Larry said, It's more of a CJ5 than an M38A1. If you look at some of the M38A1's out there $10,000 will usually get you an original in fair shape to restore. All the parts there so to speak. $20,000 will put you in a show.

Thank you bmorgil. It seems like this one is pay 10K, pay 20K for some parts and work, then sell the mistake for half of all that out together to somebody else who finishes it and gets it in a show... Even if you take the price out of the equation, everything Pelago did was pointed out not to be done yet, so this is huge project for the buyer!

Everyone is wanting to jump on the vintage 4X4 craze. With the reintroduction of the Bronco coming out next year, you can't touch any brand of four wheeler for a reasonable price. My 2A in mechanically sound condition could potentially bring 6 to 8 grand if the stars were lined up just right. Just remember asking price is a whole lot different then selling price. There are still deals out there, but you have to search estate sales and farm auctions. It's when the kids get ahold of eBay and base their asking price off of what they see. The last M38 I had put up on eBay brought $700 in restorable condition with a stuck engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How true gm. The price it is worth is the price it sells for. You can ask anything you want.

I agree 100% Guy's........

I'd sell my wagon at any time for stupid money, but the 2A can not be bought for any amount.

I am starting to believe the same about the "Orange Crate" gm!!!
    "It can't be bought for any amount"
    The Bride did find some chairs she said she was going to buy for the Garage-Ma-Hall until she told me what they cost ($600 a piece) and i said we'll just sit on buckets b4 i pay that........

IMG_3370.jpg

How much were those seats in the "Crush"?

I've seen benches and chairs like that, but the only grill I have as a spare remaining is a post '50s wagon /truck grille. It wouldn't be comfortable.