Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

Sweet! One an never have enough cabinet space. In my case, I need more wall space to put up more cabinets.

Took the Ole girl down to get the hood and tailgate lettered up this morning!!!
    Hope she does a good job and doesn't make it to busy, I told her I wanted to keep it as simple as possible and not to make it ungodly with a bunch of pin stripes.
    keep Her Simple and Subtle......

You just keep tuning that thing up TJ! What will you do next?

Very interested in your outcome, if it works i might finally do a side stripe

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    You just keep tuning that thing up TJ! What will you do next?
    Don’t have much more I can do Bob, bout done all I can think of unless you guys give me some more ideas

Went and picked the Ole Girl up from Pro Art Signs in Canton and Sharon did a Great Job!!!
    I had her paint the bottom edge of the hood black on the inside because when they re-painted the hood they didn't paint over the powder coat and it didn't match the paint at all, so it's black now.

Letter 1.jpgLetter 2.jpgLetter 3.jpg

That looks nice! Totally like the black. Super good contrast there. I have been thinking about highlighting the Willys stamp on mine. I wanted it to look like a stocker'. I don't know if the highlighted Willys stamp was a stock thing or not. Or if it was a dealer thing or an option or both. I like the highlight.

That looks nice! Totally like the black. Super good contrast there. I have been thinking about highlighting the Willys stamp on mine. I wanted it to look like a stocker'. I don't know if the highlighted Willys stamp was a stock thing or not. Or if it was a dealer thing or an option or both. I like the highlight.
    Thanks Bob
    I was tossing the idea around to do the Willys in a brighter orange or something bright but she has been doing this for 40 some years and she suggested black soooo I went with the Pro's idea of Black and it turned out perfect.

You know now that I think about it I am not sure if they did ever highlight the Willys stamp or was it just stamped in????
    Maybe Larrbeard or gm will know for sure what they did back in the day.

I think it varied over the years.

The first generation of trucks, the '46 through mid-1950 (The L-134 trucks) had a WO stamped on the tailgate. Pictures of those trucks in original condition are rare, but I've not seen any painted WO tailgates on the early trucks.

In the later trucks, I have seen both painted and unpainted WO stampings. Then, after a while, the stamped WO went away and all you got was a 4WD at the lower right corner.

I suspect the little Jeeps (the CJ-X) varied all over the place just like the trucks. We would need a bunch of old pictures to tell just what they did which year.

It goes to Rule 2: "Never say Willys-Overland never did ___________________ ." (Or always did either).