Thread: '48 Jeepster Custom Restoration (in Progress)

Cool '48 Jeepster Custom Restoration (in Progress)

After years of trying to buy this '48 Jeepster, I finally got the owner to sell it to me! I drove past the field where it sat buried in weeds uncovered and deteriorating for numerous years and I swear it cried out to me: "HELP ME"...Anyway, I am doing the entire restoration by myself, which has taken all of my spare time and money for the better part of a year, but here's some pictures of the progress I have made up to now...Would like to hear your thoughts about it so far...Thanks2507.jpgKIMG0417.jpgKIMG0447.jpg

Marty,

Good looking Jeepster! I am liking the engine turned firewall, and the ghost flames under the hood. Looks like you have been busy over the last year. We look forward to seeing your progress!
    Last edited by gmwillys; 04-24-2018 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martys48 View Post
    After years of trying to buy this '48 Jeepster, I finally got the owner to sell it to me! I drove past the field where it sat buried in weeds uncovered and deteriorating for numerous years and I swear it cried out to me: "HELP ME"...Anyway, I am doing the entire restoration by myself, which has taken all of my spare time and money for the better part of a year, but here's some pictures of the progress I have made up to now...Would like to hear your thoughts about it so far...Thanks2507.jpgKIMG0417.jpgKIMG0447.jpg
    i hate you!!.. man does it look fantastic, bet it goes like a bat outtahell.... what transmission do you have and what rear end for the big v8

Munsey 4 speed out of an old Camaro
    8" Ford rear end
    Thanks for the "hate" lol!

Thank you for your comment...It has been one helluva project. Currently working on replacing the Bows and top. If anyone has any information on installing the new wood bows, I would greatly appreciate the info. Not sure about how exactly everything goes because the wood was rotted completely off of it when I got it.
    Here is a link to my youtube restoration video. It was in really bad shape when I got it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSp9wvWYy2k

Check out the folks over at the Jeepster club forum. They would be of much more help on the subject of the convertible top bows.