Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: '46 CJ2A Parts Runner

Just in case I don't have enough to do, this little gem followed me home. The clutch is stuck engaged, and it hasn't run in a few years. It belongs to the my neighbor, and he wants it up and back in service for the fall. He has the plow, disk, harrow, and sickle bar mower for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 07-27-2021 at 03:24 AM.

You are making some progress, looks Great!!

The weather is looking pretty good up here for that weekend gm, no rain in the forecast!!!
    Yippee!!
    Last edited by TJones; 07-27-2021 at 05:13 AM.

It looks awesome gm! I am so in awe of your desire and ability to retain as much of the original as you can. It is showing in the way that old girl is looking. It is starting to look like it is rolling down the assembly line. I love the "naked" idea. I am pretty sure so far I have not seen a true original patina CJ here in any of the shows. You are going to be something to see that is for sure.

Keep praying for good weather!

Judging from the wheels on the one man plow, it looks like it could use a little bigger motor!
    Last edited by bmorgil; 07-27-2021 at 06:00 AM.

The epic road trip for the Heep to return to her roots is underway! We arrived in Toledo late this afternoon and all went rather well. The Jeep is nestled in to her berth at Bmorgil's ranch, awaiting tomorrow for the rest of the guys to arrive. If anyone is close to Toledo this Saturday, please come out to check out Jeeps 80th anniversary gathering and parade.

The photo was from last night, before heading out.

Photos Frome the KW meet up and jeep's 80th anniversary celebration in Toledo. Senior Chief LarrBeard kept us all in line, Bmorgil used his power of persuasion to get the best position possible for all of us to join the parade through Toledo. Bmorgil's son followed up the rear with his trick Scrambler. TJones put us in awe to the attention to details on his Orange Crate. All went very well, with no mechanical issues at all.

Walking is pretty good exercise, but pushing isn't. Last weekend the Heep was out for a 40 mile run. At a little past half way back, she coughed a little at cruise. She had my full attention, so I stopped to check the fuel filter. The element was only about half as full of fuel as normal, but it was flowing. The trip went on for another 10 miles with no issues. Now that I'm within 10 miles I get to feel pretty good that I'm probably going to make it home alright. So much for thinking. She proceeded to spit and sputter off idle. Pulled off in a neighborhood to check the fuel filter again. This time it was dry. I blew into the gas tank to pressurize the system to check for a blockage. The fuel filter filled back up. She retired and I wound her out for another few miles. Then she started to sputter out within a mile of the ranch, but of course is up hill. I changed out the filter, but it was slow to fill even with air applied. This time she wouldn't run long at all before dieing.

Long story still long, yesterday my order from KW came in with my new fuel pump, filter, and a couple other goodies. The only thing that will be needed now is to replace the line from the tank to the fuel pump. I thought I had a chunk left, but then I remembered l used it to fix the busted brake line before going to Toledo. Another trip to the parts house.

Now for the tractor.... Yep another project that followed me home, but it is mine this time. I haven't figured out all that it needs, but at the moment it may need the engine gone through..... So if anyone has a 50 horse Ford 3cyl diesel that they don't need a fortune for, let me know.

I’m on a mission now gm, there are a lot of excavating companies up here that have old ford backhoes sitting around the back yard with trees growing up through them. I’ll see if we can find ya something.
    That is a pretty common motor in a lot of different Ford tractors.

I've got one, but I need it on my Ford Tractor! I like the bucket loader gm, that will get some work done.

That filter looks pretty nice on the Heep. How old was the fuel pump gm?

Well, at least it didn't quit in the parade in front of all of those cheering onlookers!

I have a Ford 3400 in my barn that needs a little love before I sell it. I bought it at an auction to use but it took about 2 years before I had a usable tractor. Auctioneer started it, raised and lowered the bucket and rolled it forward and back. Looked okay but when I went to load it it would not steer. The steering pump was burned up because the lines from the reservoir were plugged and the steering column had to be rebuilt. Also had to rewire it because the mice had been at it and the tractor hydraulic pump had to be replaced. I need to pull the seat and the big plate it rides on to fix the 3-point settling issue but I can use the tractor without doing it so I haven’t done it yet. The very first task I used the tractor for when I got the steering fixed was to lift the front of the CJ3A to pull a flat. When I bought the tractor I didn’t have a concrete slab to work on, let alone a shop. There is a 3400 down the highway that has a backhoe on it that hasn’t moved it probably 20 years. I thought about looking into it but last spring I bought a little John Deere with a loader and backhoe. It’s not strong enough to lift my brush hog but it does everything else I need and I don’t really need to brush hog anymore anyway. I like the 3400 but it’s time for it to go. I could use that money for some Jeep parts.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A