Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: '46 CJ2A Parts Runner

You can never tell what I might bring home, that's for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh my,,, you have the same "problem" as my son. He is already planning the next barn to store all the projects! You guy's are possessed by your imaginations. Your ability to accomplish these things feeds the madness. Non stop cool stuff going on simultaneously. Its like trying to watch a NASCAR big oval track race with a wild demolition derby going on in the infield, while barbecuing.

Been there and done that too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 06-12-2020 at 10:54 AM.

OMG! The headers on the trophy car are outrageous!! Haha, truly in the spirit of the Derby. That trophy is hard to get.

Only a few know how much fun that is. The fastest burst of energy you can get without turning it upside down at 200. Shades of Mad Max.

That was the last contest I was in. It was an unlimited class that only had three rules. The build was limited to imagination and wallet thickness. The car weighed 8,200 pounds with all the steel added. The zoomies had a distinct bark to them, sitting on top of a 440 BBD. They made tunning the fuel easy. Nice blue flame under load at the tips meant everything was running right.

In the background of the pickup pictures is the quarter panel of a '68 Chevelle "street/strip" I had. It was a stripped down Malibu, with a built 468 BBC. The frame was twisted, so every hard launch would put you in the next lane.

Jeeps are cheap in comparison to other hobbies.

"Jeeps are cheap in comparison to other hobbies."

Man if I had all the time and money back I spent on Racing and Racing parts..... Wait, no thanks it was and is a blast!

I'm gonna make it my business to hang out a a track when America starts back up. That trophy car is sweet. And count me among the lucky ones who have a Jeep fever, not a sport car fever, considering they call em Cheaps. As for hoarding, found out when I lived rural every pile on the property is going to be something someday!

I wouldn't trade those days for anything. It was a blast, and if the southern region had derbies here, I'd probably still have one sitting around. There are lots of big American cars sitting around here but there are no county fairs.

Just for giggles I recently became aware of a truck and trailer 8 track derby on YouTube. By now, you may suspect that is my style. These folks were serious about their business. And it came out to a tie, decided by crowd noise. Huge trophy. Every inch of track had useful parts scattered here and yon. Wonderful. I'm am sure this will not be a popular post here on the most traditional of historic resto forum, and the best one. But I loved it!!!

Truck & Trailer Derby

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    I'm am sure this will not be a popular post here on the most traditional of historic resto forum, and the best one.
    Hey - some things were just meant to be torn up! (-Just so it isn't an FC-170 doing the towing).