Thread: Fuel Pump

Fuel Pump

OK, Here goes/first time post. Sounds like a stupid question,but am replacing dual action with single. what do I do with the "crankcase vacum line that goes to the intake that "tees" at old dual fuel pump ? Appreciate it guys !! Thank you

[QUOTE=harte;5086]OK, Here goes/first time post. Sounds like a stupid question ... "

Trust us, there are no stupid questions. But, so the assembled experts(!) in the group can give you a good answer, what model are we asking about?

LarrBeard is correct, there are no stupid questions. Welcome to our little piece of Heep Heaven.

To answer your question, you can block off the T going to the fuel pump. With that being said, the wipers will not function quite as well without the fuel pump producing a steady vacuum.

I forget the proper name for it but a can plumbed into the vacuum system can help a little with the loss of vacuum assist from the pump.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

Quote Originally Posted by 51 CJ3 View Post
    I forget the proper name
    Commonly called a vacuum reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Commonly called a vacuum reservoir.
    Thanks, CRS kicking in bad today. I installed a vacuum reservoir on a ‘69 Bronco to help with the wipers in it when I opted for a single function fuel pump replacement. I still didn’t have wipers going up hill but it was a huge improvement on level ground.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A