Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jeepster FEVER

Hi Cal, seats are back and I love them, picked up today in the rain but very happy with the look and quality .....I will take pictures and get these posted , so backed up on posting pictures.....I and like the guy on here that said he is a nuts and bolts kind of guy not good with computers....

I hear you Jesse. I am more of a visual guy. I learn by seeing which is why I always ask for pictures. They are after all worth a thousand words.

Quote Originally Posted by 1948 Cal Willys Pickup View Post
    I'm fortunate mine just lets me do what I do as long as I do what she says. When I am working on the truck she leaves me alone.
    Hmmm...
    Not quite the way it works here... I've been refurbishing 2 convertibles (not Willys) at the same time, and she gets really jealous, -but she adores riding in them.
    She extremely skeptical about the CJ3b, slated to go into high gear refurbishment late this year. She doesn't attach as much value to the Jeep... :-(

When its done get her off road. Here is the hard part though...you will have to let her drive. She will have a blast and your next resto will go smooth.

She drove it in the hay field once... She says it drives like a tractor (hard to steer)... But you're right off road is the key. She's somewhat of a nature fanatic and I've managed to win her over to kayaking and primitive camping.

She's funny about the convertibles. I bought the first one to restore, using parts I had from my one that had been rear ended and totalled, then I suddenly found another very rare limited edition that was in overall better condition, but a right price. There were enough parts for both and the insurance money covered all expenses plus a large chunk for the Jeep. I wanted to sell the 1st convertible, but she wouldn't let me because she likes the colour better than the 2nd. She doesn't drive them because they aren't as user friendly as her Toyota.

Which brings me back to your comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by 1948 Cal Willys Pickup View Post
    I'm fortunate mine just lets me do what I do as long as I do what she says. When I a m working on the truck she leaves me alone.
    Isn't this a contradiction? How can you do what you do, and do what she says? What if she wants your truck painted Willys "Tropical Rose" with Willys "Coral Mist" accent tone? Lol!

LOL its not a contradiction to my wife. Sometimes I tell her the absolute worse plans so that when I "change" my mind to what I really want, she says its a good idea. Just have to make sure the first is not something she wants.

Hmmm... If I tried something like that, it would definitely bite me in the butt. For example, if I suggested we paint the 3B "Tropical Rose" with "Coral Mist" wheels just to get her to go along with it, I'd get stuck with a violet & pink jeep.

I do resort to my own manipulation tactics however; She can have any car she wants (within reason) that will fit within our budget, so long as I can have a similar budget to use more or less the way I choose on my car collection, -which is also my transportation. That said, she still won't let me sell the redundant convertible. She says I worked too hard on it. She also can't quite believe how far I get with my allowance. She gets one car and I get four. Every now and then I have to show her the books to convince her I'm not cheating.

Btw, I forgot to mention "Her Ladyship" is warming to the idea of the Jeep. She's seen how well the 1st convertible restore is turning out and she's becoming less convinced it's money down the toilet. It also helps to explain to her that my "allowance" will be worth more than her "allowance" in 5 more years.

Right now the wifey has me working on house projects mostly outside which is cool because its not too hot. I knock out a lot of that junk then I have carblonch over the summer. We shall see.