Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeepster FEVER

Post some pics. Metal work is one of the things I am having the most fun with. Probably because when its done its the immediate satisfaction. I throw in some metal work between each major project just for fun. Here are some frame work photos. Just filling in some Swiss cheese on the frame rail.100_2788.jpg100_2789.jpgFilled in holes.jpg
    Last edited by 1948 Cal Willys Pickup; 11-16-2012 at 10:06 AM.

I posted pictures on the photo gallery....jeepster/Jesse Martin check it out....I went shopping at harbor freight , that little blaster is pretty neat...it will come in handy for this project and other things I am working on as well....thanks for the tip
    I will be working on the metal floor longer than I thought , I'm slow and work has picked up....

I was looking for your photos but had no luck finding them. Did you post them in the photo gallery in this forum?

Actually the pictures are posted to the Kaiserwillys photo gallery......I didn't realize they were not linked....I will work on this ....

JS2.jpgJS1.jpgJS3.jpgJS4.jpgJS5.jpg Found them. Hope you dont mind me posting them in this thread. Truck looks pretty good from what I can see. I see what you are talking about on the floor boards. Do you have access to a welder. If so I think I would replace the whole floor board. Its a pretty cool little truck.

I have two welders.....one for each hand but I weld like a dirt dobber but I think I can do this one right.....you seem to be good at computers to, I enjoy getting on this forum chat almost as much as working on my Jeepster ....I am considering replacing the entire floor but first I am going to start removing the bad areas and see where it gos from there...

Sounds like a good plan. Its doesnt really serve any purpose to replace to whole thing if you dont need to. Double fisting the welders is a unique talent. I have a hard enough time remembering to put my mask on let alone handling two of those things.

You were so right about the metal work being fun....it is , or at least the demo part is ...cut out and grind seems to be the thing to do for a few days...o by the way I totally forgot about the gas tank leaking and sparks flying from my finger tips
    ( grinder wheel) Scared the £€¥# out of me....I was thankful for the hands protecting me....lol

Lol, I think everyone who has ever worked on a vehicle has some sort of fire story. I remember a buddy of mine who was checking for spark on a spark plug. He pulled the plug out and without realizing it held it over the plug port and had me turn it over. Well the spark plug HAD spark, gas came shooting out the port as it should and my bud wound up having to grow some eyebrows back. After I got done laughing I put his eye brows out and we went back to work. Needless to say we havent made that mistake again.

I am sure there are a lot of funny stories like that and then the blame game , your fault because you should have said are you ready really for me to turn the key....I enjoyed that laugh thanks....after lunch with the family today I started back on the grinder and I am loving the results...