Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jeepster FEVER

Still grinding and grinding....if I am not careful I may change the gauge of metal ....progress is taking shape and yes I have lots of pictures and will post sometime this weekend....I had to work on the motor this week a little , head gasket replaced and so again all over the place ( ADD)

Good Luck with your project, Can;t wait to see picture's. Am wanting to start my project soon too. LOL

You crack me up. You say I have to change the head gasket like its the same as changing the oil filter. I would be upset. Howd it go anyway?

Well , I really thought is was something simple and as I always do, BITE off more than I would like as I did here...but being that said I am done and it's working great for now ....Learned a lot again at the expense of a Rookie / greenhorn at restoration of , to me a Classic...lol
    Railroad , I will post pictures soon , so get started on your project ....

I'm impressed with the head gasket change. Its not all that difficult but there are some things you need to know before you change it. Its awesome you were able to do it yourself.

I think the replacement was a success but looking back and searching the "how To videos " you are so right about some things you should know , I didn't do any of them so I am blessed to have this work out for me....I work on the Jeepster so much and truly enjoy it....someone quoted once that Jeeps are Additive....

I'm glad everything worked out on your head gasket. I do a lot of you tube searches if I am about to do something I havent done before. Lots of good and not so good knowledge out there. You are right. I am very addicted to fixing this jeep.

I do a lot of you tube watching as well for the same reason but unfortunately at times I start first and run into a road block / problem and then hurry to the computer..
    I just sent my Jeepster seats off to be redone....I am excited about this......

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmjr1959 View Post
    I do a lot of you tube watching as well for the same reason but unfortunately at times I start first and run into a road block / problem and then hurry to the computer..
    I just sent my Jeepster seats off to be redone....I am excited about this......
    Can you post a picture of them when you get them back. I would love to see them. I had some cheesy stock cloth buckets in mine that I have no intention of putting back in. I believe the original seat was a 70/30 split bench which I am not having any luck finding. I haven't looked in awhile. If you see one come up let me know. The one thing about the 70/30 I thought was weird, and then cool, was the 30 side was the passenger side. Kind of not what I was expecting.

I will post pictures soon, I have a lot of pictures that I need to post...
    As for 70/30 bench seat , I was looking on eBay this week and a willys wagon up for bids with that seat and I thougt that was odd, unless it was for laying down for lumber or longer items....