Thread: New

New

Hey guys,
    I’m Sean, really new to the Willy’s resto game. My great dad actually taught me how to drive in a 51 so I’ve always wanted one. I actually just picked one up from a friends ranch. I’m not quite sure of the year, split windshield so I’m guess around 47? Not sure if it’s the arctic model or just a hard top. Like I said I’m Hoping y’all could give me a hand in identifying it.
    Thanks!

Sean878DF99E-96A4-4BA3-A2E9-A299D414B728.jpg

Welcome Wtxjetboater,

It would be my guess that your CJ 2A is around a 47 or later, looking at the parking lights indented on the grill. The earlier 2As had light fixtures bolted in the opening. Your 2A looks pretty good. Hopefully the cab helped to preserve the body. Let us know if you need anything.

Can you get a closer picture of the grill? The parking lights make me say Hmmmm .... .

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Can you get a closer picture of the grill? The parking lights make me say Hmmmm .... .
    I’m out of town at the moment. I will as soon as I get back. What has you curious? Jw so I can get a better picture for you.

Sean,

The early 2A '45-early '47 grille would look like the following;

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/categor...ts-46-47-cj-2a

The later 2A '47-'49 grille would look like the following;

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/categor...47-53-cj-2a-3a

None of this really matters, because for all practical purposes, there is very little change throughout the model years. The front bumper had gussets that mounted the front bumper, and the parking lights were changed.

gmwillys noted:

"looking at the parking lights indented on the grill.". It kind of looks to me like the parking lights are not indented - what looks like an indentation is where the lenses have been broken out.

We're nit-picking here, so if you can'y get around to it - no big deal!