Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel line replacement

Your mind will change a lot more times before you're done trust me. I got to fix my tank as well but wont worry about that for awhile.

I took off the gas tank this evening and taking a closer look at it , there are a few repairs to it...dented and banged up pretty good so right now I may be replacing it but I will clean up the other one first to make that call

If you can see inside try and make sure there is no corrosion inside. That will cause you some problems down the line.

I can see inside and no corrosion but there were some fiberglass mesh pices that were inside but not sure why they were there....

The gas tank repair was a success , I welded all the holes that were repaired with some sort of JBWeld puddy or something like it....installed new rubber fuel line from the tank all the way to the fuel pump ...ran the line in the frame to protect it ...so check list is moving again....

Thats awesome. Glad to see you are moving forward. I have been at a stand still for awhile. May be borrowing a cherry picker today and finally get the motor mounts done so I can proceed forward. Had some trouble with weather last night. Did some damage. Had a 10x10x20 canvas garage blow away last night. Exposed most of my body parts and sand blasters to the elements last night. Had it cargo strapped down so not quite sure how it lifted up. Wind and rain was pretty bad. Did you ever figure out what the mesh was you found in the tank? Sounds like someone tried to do a repair job with some fiberglass.

Yes I did find out what the repair materials were....you are correct about fiberglass and it had bondo applied over that ...over time the fiberglass released from the bondo ....I welded all the holes , the tank is quite thin but I was able to make a good tight weld very happy with it
    Sorry to hear about the bad weather and the hit you took, I would remove all abrasives from the blast pot and keep in a dry location ....moisture and abrasives are big time headache ....good luck getting everything back in order....Merry Christmas