'54 CJ3B

This is a project that has been waiting to get started forever. I had the jeep on my mom's farm in Colorado where it sat after the engine seized one hay season while I am in western Oregon. I wasn't really sure how I was going to get it over, short of paying for car transportation, but then a friend was hauling an empty horse trailer out and offered to bring it for half the fuel. Deal!

So now I have the jeep here finally. I had a used engine put in while it was in Colorado, but there is still a laundry list. The mechanic that swapped the engine got it running two years ago, but told me I'll need a new carb and starter to begin with. When I unloaded it off the horse trailer I noticed I'd probably have to rebuild the brake master cylinder too.

I have to do this all while flying under my wife's radar. She'll be fine once it's road worthy and I can use it for runs to the dump and Home Depot; it's just getting it there. So small monthly projects until I'm ready to fire it up.

The jeep is currently a mixed 6V 12V system. One of the ways I intend to keep costs down for now is rehabilitate the electrical system to where it was when the engine siezed. The new starter will be 12V obviously.

The only thing left is the ignition system. It seems the ignition system was too hot before and burnt up the points too quickly. I'll check the coil, but are the condenser and points voltage specific? Other than the afore mentioned, any other voltage specific ignition components I should be aware of?