Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1953 Wagon F134 4x4 Carburetor Breather Help

1953 Wagon F134 4x4 Carburetor Breather Help

Hello, I'm a newbie to this site, been lurking for a week and it looks great.

I could really use some help getting my air cleaner hooked up. My wagon came without an air horn and hose. The oil air cleaner is mounted on the right front inner fender wall which I believe is correct. However, when I bought a new air horn and hose, the hose is a much larger diameter than the inlet of the air horn. So, what am I missing? Someone suggested that my carb is not correct for that vehicle. I have no idea except something isn't right.

I appreciate your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enclosed is a source with a few different configurations. Looks like you do have a CJ carb. Not the end of the world. The site enclosed is a great source of information! David does a great job keeping all us cats in a heard.

http://www.ewillys.com/category/willys-wagons/page/11/
    Last edited by gmwillys; 08-10-2018 at 07:16 PM.

I appreciate the input ! The vehicle runs ok with this carb but being the purist that I am.......I may have to throw some money at the issue lol. Thanks !

I understand completely. My 2A has a paper element that came off a later Jeepster or something to that effect. I have scrounged up everything to put the old oil bath filter back on, except the crossover pipe. They make reproduction pieces, but would like to find an original to keep the look of being original. I have seen wagons with the oil bath cleaner mounted directly on top of the carburetor, but those are mainly found on the flat head sixes. The overhead exhaust valve of the F134 would have used the set up that you are going for. A quick search of the interwebs brought a photo of how it should look;

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hc...2/1858078.html

I have seen wagons with the oil bath cleaner mounted directly on top of the carburetor[/QUOTE]

Not really a good idea. The oil bath cleaner is top heavy and on the original version of the '48 the screws stripped out of the top of the carburetor.

Yes gmwillys, I came across the same pic, and this one. At this point, I'm just looking for the air horn that has the large inlet. Seems to run ok with the carb that's on it. I need to invest in brakes and after I have that taken care of, I may circle back around and take another look at putting on the orignal carb.

Sounds like a plan. I'll look around and see what I can come up with.

Oldironman,

LarrBeard has a '48 Willys pickup on here, he just finished his air cleaner restoration. He has the correct air horn, with the 45 degree angle. He may know where to find all the pieces that will make yours correct.

http://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys....r-Project-DONE!

I wish I knew where to find the correct air horn - but I've not seen any place that has the correct 45-degree one.

The carburetor inlet is nominally 2-inches ID and the outlet of the filter is 3-inches.

I went looking again this morning.

midwestwillysllc@gmail.com

This guy sold the last one he had yesterday. keep an eye on him - he gets good junk because he goes scrounging and salvaging carcasses.