Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If its not one thing it's two.....

If its not one thing it's two.....

Hi everyone , isn't it crazy how things just happen , my V6 on the Jeepster seems to run great sense I purchased this thing so I have been working on the T14 transmission and Dana 20 transfer case , took it apart all new gaskets and seals , all back together and thought I would fire it up and see how my handy work does....the motor won't run , backfiring and smoking me out of the shop....the ball and chain even came out to see if everything is ok, ( safe that is ) what is the deal , always something I guess....new problem here I come....stay tuned for the out come ....

Did you mess with the timing at all even accidentally?

Maybe ....but I don't think so .....I am running new fuel lines and filters , removed gas tank and cleaned inside of it so hopefully this is my problem...

You may just be burning out some gunk left in the tank. I would try and get a few gallons burned through and see what happens. I would check your new fuel filters if possible to see if you caught any junk. Chances are if your new filters are fouled then you had some left over goodies in the tank.

Still had problems with the carberator so I removed it , took it apart and the metal between the metering valve and body had a lot of deterioration and pitting , so I replaced with a new Holley 4160 and I Love it...just to let you know....fresh gas , new carb , new attitude ...

Nice. Did you get her running yet? Small steps are keeping me sane right now. Overall picture when I go out to the garage drives me crazy right now. If you have some pics please post. Would love to see it.

O yes I do understand about going insane over the BIG picture , so this is why I break it down in small and smaller task....I do have it running and I drive it every day around the yard....sometimes my grand baby rides with me...she loves it...I guess the problem I have is doing the best job I can while the Jeepster is fully together but I don't have it in me to completely take it apart , I really enjoy driving it....

I know what you mean. I sometimes regret pulling it all apart but it was a lot of fun. It also gives me inspiration to keep going on it. I want to drive it so bad. Decided yesterday to put a 4 bolt main Chevy 350 in it. Going way out of my comfort zone on this but had to make the decision. Pretty sure I will be able to pull anything with this truck.

So you changed you're mind on the motor swap.....good luck with that , tie a rope to the front of your truck frame and have your wife to pull you around the neighbor hood....watch out for the PoPo....

Changed my mind again. After posting the other message about all the things that need to be done I figured I would be getting myself into trouble that not even an angry wife powered vehicle would be able to pull me out of. So next step is engine mounts. Gosh I wish I had a cherry picker.