Thread: What is this tag and how do I find out what it means?

What is this tag and how do I find out what it means?

I recently bought a 1961 CJ5 and notice this tag on the fire wall in the engine bay. If the picture isn't clear it says " Paint - 211 and Trim - 172."
    IMG_5491.jpgIMG_5491.jpg

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Simpsomt View Post
    I recently bought a 1961 CJ5 and notice this tag on the fire wall in the engine bay. If the picture isn't clear it says " Paint - 211 and Trim - 172."
    That tag identifies the original factory paint and trim packages for the vehicle. I know, that's not a lot of help - and as for the next question - I'm not sure anyone has the data to identify just what those packages really were some 47 years later.

You may find original paint, but if there has been much done to the vehicle - the original trim package may just remain a mystery.

Jeep Rule 1.01: "What you see is what you have. Trust nothing that tells you differently".

Quote Originally Posted by Simpsomt View Post
    That tag identifies the original factory paint and trim packages for the vehicle. I know, that's not a lot of help - and as for the next question - I'm not sure anyone has the data to identify just what those packages really were some 47 years later.

You may find original paint, but if there has been much done to the vehicle - the original trim package may just remain a mystery.

Jeep Rule 1.01: "What you see is what you have. Trust nothing that tells you differently".

On line information is vauge at best, until you get to when AMC took the reigns. I found some information on the year for paint codes, but it didn't line up quite right with the number. The closest number was for the tree bark brown, but from the looks of your picture, it has always been white. We will continue to search, the info is out there somewhere.