Thread: New Guy

New Guy

Hello from up north, This looks like a great place with good folks to chat with. I have just accidentally come across this truck in my travels and had to bring it home last week. Since then I was able to find the hand crank wrecker boom and brought it home yesterday. Pretty good week I'd have to say. I am hoping that someone could tell me what year it is. I will most likely be converting it to a modern chassis, if anyone has advice about that I would be glad to listen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like I should have looked around the site a little more before I asked. Looks like a 55. Thanks for the help. Guess I was wrong.

Welcome! That was a terrific find. Your truck looks pretty good for being a northern find, unless it came from the Dakota's or Montana. The wrecker set up is a rare find in itself.

If you are looking at donor chassis, look at S10s or Ranger chassis, depending on your tastes. A Dodge Dakota may be slightly wider, but with some V8 options available, it would be worth a look. An S10 chassis would allow for a V8 as well, without any real modification.