I'm pretty sure my project '48 CJ2A was a farm Agri-Jeep in it's beginnings, but with the partial restoration that's already been done by the previous owner there are a lot of missing parts like it was being put together as just a normal Jeep. The engine and transmission are totally put together (rebuilt) and on the chassis. I have a front mount hydraulic pump that's been left off and the hydraulic reservoir and control tank and hoses are missing. The rear bumper has brackets for a 3pt hitch and that's missing. There are no PTO shafts anywhere. The governor is in a box of parts but isn't installed on the engine either. Oh, and the freaking bumper weight that feels like about 300lbs isn't installed. Good grief that was a pain to move...lol.

I'll probably hang on to the spare farm parts in case I want to go that way with it in the future since I know there are some farm fans out there, but without doing any plowing or whatever do I need the front bumper weight installed now? Are there any benefits to having the governor installed right now?

Thanks.