Thread: Overdrive relay

Threaded View

Well, I couldn't stand it and had a few minutes.
    The only terminals that have continuity on this relay are on the same end of the thing and one of them has the fuse.
    So, I am thinking that maybe the fuse is on the (IGN) post of the relay.
    So I hooked those two up (TH and IGN (to the fused terminal))as suggested and the remaining two on the other end of the box also.
    At least now I don't get a click when I hook the battery up.
    I also don't get any reaction when I turn the key on. The rail switch is closed, all I did was put the ohm meter on it so don't know if there is any voltage there.
    Is this a good thing?
    Does the governor have to be spooled up to provide a ground to the solenoid to trigger the relay?
    So maybe I wont know if its working until I drive it again?
    Would a good test be to hook a ground to the governor lead to see if the relay activates?
    Sorry if I am asking stupid questions but having the thing wired up and being able to hook up the battery is kind of a big change here.

I should also add that I picked up this car as an unfinished project, it had been rewired, the OD harness was not dealt with however, but was included, the relay was missing.
    I am pretty sure that I have the OD harness installed correctly now as there were pretty good instructions for that included in the boxes of parts. Also a new kick down switch which works as it kills the engine if I floor it.
    If I could get comfortable with the wiring installation I would hope that the OD would activate.
    If it doesn't then I will be doing more trouble shooting, I see this as fairly simple puzzle but this unmarked relay has been throwing me.

Thanks again, Jack
    Last edited by capyjack; 10-31-2018 at 05:16 PM.