Thread: Overdrive relay

Hybrid View

Thanks GM,
    Yes, this is the 12 volt diagram, there is no diagram on the 6 volt offering.
    I wired it up as per the 12 volt picture and it does not work, it clicks as soon as I hook up the battery, I suspect that the battery would be dead in a short while.
    I was in hopes that someone here would have the info that I need.

Kaiser-Frazier Overdrive

Quote Originally Posted by capyjack View Post
    I was in hopes that someone here would have the info that I need.
    I'll bet that the Jeepster and Kaiser-Frazier had a lot in common.

From a description:

The overdrive was of the automatic type; all one had to do to engage it once the control knob was set was lift off the gas pedal slightly. Pushing down hard on the gas pedal would disengage overdrive for quick passing maneuvers or climbing hills. Four-wheel drive was never offered; apparently it wasn't even considered by Willys.

Here is a link to a great description of the Borg-Warner overdrive and all the stuff that goes around it. There is a diagram of the relay, the solenoid, the kick down switch and even the rail lockout.

http://www.kaiserbill.com/Web-PDF/KF-Overdrive.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    I'll bet that the Jeepster and Kaiser-Frazier had a lot in common.

From a description:

The overdrive was of the automatic type; all one had to do to engage it once the control knob was set was lift off the gas pedal slightly. Pushing down hard on the gas pedal would disengage overdrive for quick passing maneuvers or climbing hills. Four-wheel drive was never offered; apparently it wasn't even considered by Willys.

Here is a link to a great description of the Borg-Warner overdrive and all the stuff that goes around it. There is a diagram of the relay, the solenoid, the kick down switch and even the rail lockout.

http://www.kaiserbill.com/Web-PDF/KF-Overdrive.pdf
    Great! That is a good find LarrBeard.