Thread: '59 wagon front bumper

'59 wagon front bumper

Hi all,
    Looking for some knowledge... I have a '59 Willys wagon and it had some 3" pipe for a front bumper and really didn't look good at all. I found someone who is selling this "extremely rare front bumper with bumperetts" (his word). My question is... Is this the type of bumper that a '59 might have? and the hard pill to swallow is... he wants $1000 for it. Does the price sound right?

Thanks for your input.

David

My '63 has this style of bumper, which are original;

$1,000 for a bumper, unless it came straight from a chrome shop. It is hard to find the bumperettes, but not impossible. Mine where pretty good until it was in storage in my Granddad's barn. He passed, and my uncle wanted to get a planter out that was parked behind the wagon. Long story short, he used a fence post to push the wagon back into the barn. The fence post was wedged between the bumper and bumperette.

New bumpers are available painted, but chromed ones are tougher to find.

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/categor...wagon-jeepster
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yep, that's the bumper he is wanting to sell. i'm trying to add my pic but i think it must be too early and i'm not clicking on the right thing. it looks ok but i'm going to have a lot of money tied up is a LOT of other things

IMG_3295.jpg
    Last edited by dagwin; 11-20-2018 at 08:49 AM. Reason: need to add the pic

The bumper in the picture is painted, if my eyes are correct. Not worth $1,000, in my opinion. Depending on your location, keep an eye out at flea markets and junk shops. I tend to find items in the most interesting places. My brother found a full set of NOS Kaiser Jeep hub caps, new in the package, for $40 for all. They are too nice to put on my rusty Heep.