Thread: Current caretaker of Nellybelle

Current caretaker of Nellybelle

Greetings,

I look after automobile collections and a client has recently acquired Roy Rogers old Jeep. It does run quite well, but has a lot of needs as my client likes to drive all of his vehicles and not just look at them. I will have quite a few questions and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about these awesome old machines.

Gar

Welcome biggar!
    Good to know Nellybelle is in good hands! After reading an article about Ronald Reagan's CJ6, it brought to mind what the whereabouts of Nellybelle was. Please feel free to share some photos, and we all will be willing to help out with anything you need.

Thank you gmwillys. We just ordered a boatload of stuff from the site sponsor here. I've got the brakes mostly apart, at least at the corners. Going to get them together once the parts arrive and get the wheels back on it so I can get it in the air to do the brake lines and master cylinder. Once the brakes are safe, I've got a laundry list of other things and I'm sure I'll have questions about plenty of them. Looking to preserve the look and rather rough condition of the Jeep, but as my client likes to drive all of his cars, I want it to be safe and he also likes things to work. Gauges, lights, horn, etc. . . New wiring harness will also be fitted. It's got a lot of quirks that I'll explain later for input.

I'm proud that your client wants to drive Nellybelle, instead of keeping it behind a garage door. Keep us in touch with your progress.