Thread: The Red Christmas Truick

The Red Christmas Truick

Most of “us guys” may not have noticed, but the hot holiday decorating theme this year is The Red Truck. Just check with your wives ... . Now, it may have a Christmas Tree in the back, it may be filled with wrapped presents, it may be driven by Santa or it may just be covered in a pretty coat of snow.

The Red Truck shows up on little door hangers, dish towels, couch cushions, hot chocolate mugs, cards and just about every possible holiday decoration. Since I have a Red Truck – I get the comment “OH, it looks just like your old truck – it’s so cute…”.

Bah – humbug!

The Red Truck on the holiday goodies might be a 1950-ish Ford. Or, maybe a Chevy, perhaps a Dodge or even a Studebaker. It has chubby little round fenders, a smiley horizontal grill and – gasp – whitewall tires! My reply is “That doesn’t look like my truck – I have a real truck – a Jeep!”

Here’s what a real Christmas truck looks like.

Merry Christmas to Everyone. Ho, HO, HO
    Attached Images Attached Images

Merry Christmas to you Chief, and yours.

We have noticed the red truck craze. Lowe's even had a wagon that in bad lighting kind of looks like our wagon...till you look at the chubby front fenders. One of the government auditors that I deal with regularly is a retired Warrant Officer. He does a lot of woodworking in his free time. He dropped by just before Thanksgiving with his latest creation. He was asked to build a Jeep pickup for a local trucking company. He took around three months to complete, and it turned out fairly descent. I already asked for you if he was interested in building another, and he just shook his head in the negative. I didn't get a picture to share.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 12-17-2018 at 08:30 PM.