Thread: 1959 m38a1

1959 m38a1

orange 1959.jpgorange 1959 2.jpgorange 1959 3.jpg What is your opinion on this jeep 1959 m38a1? How bad is the rust how much do you think its worth. Hes asking $4350

Sean,

From what is visible from the pictures, I believe it could be worth that much. The good part is that there is quite a bit of hard to find parts on it. The electrical system is converted to 12 volts, which is a benefit for your wallet, for consumables. If the floor isn't too bad, then that would be a bonus. The hood is banged up, but fixable. If you can get it for $4,000, then I would feel that it would be worth it, as long as it runs and drives.

The quarter panel rust is a relatively easy fix. The rocker panel is easy as well, as long as the cowl support is in good shape. The floor pans are a bit of a trick to replace. To get an idea, look through Pelagro's posts on here. He is in the process of replacing the floors in his A1.

orange 1959 4.jpg this is the only floor pic it not what he shows its what he dont

cool jeep though and I'm going to go look at it after Christmas

True, pictures don't usually show the bad parts. A close visual will tell you a whole lot more. Still looks pretty good so far.