Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: CJ-3A First Willys

OMG Anoher Bad Oil Line

I jumped in the truck to run and errand and, nothing. Dead battery. Well its a sunny day so I pulled the battery, cleaned it and wrapped it carefully in bags, towels and other things and set it very carefully on the floor mat in peeJ. Not really but you can bet I was careful! I fired up the motor and noticed while it was warming up there was a steady drip and getting worse by the minute!

All three hoses were bad. This was the last one I did not replace, the oil pressure gauge line. I found these https://quartertonparts.com/product/...cotton-jacket/ they are very nice USA made. They have them all. The line was originally an inverted flare swivel on both ends. The new USA line is an inverted flare swivel on one end and pipe on the other. I had to change the 90 deg fitting in the block to pipe.

I cant believe the rash of trouble with these lines. Obviously a bad batch from somewhere that is now everywhere!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bmorgil; 05-10-2023 at 11:55 AM.

You may (or may not) be surprised at the number of failures we've seen here on the Forum of oil lines that are probably Chinese.....

Many guys have just gone to a local hydraulic hose shop to get them made.

Man bmorgil, I have been so focused on my own project that I haven’t really looked around the site too much and today I happen upon this thread! What a great job you’ve done with the peeJ! That color is something else! So pretty!

Now I am worried about my thermostat though, haha!

OK BMorgil - what is that thermostat I never can remember the part number - the one you recommended to me for the F-134 in the truck. Undoubtedly the best thermostat ever for old Jeeps...>

Those pesky Chinesium oil lines. Quarter ton and Military is my second source for good parts, and you should be pleased with their service. Being that they are located 80 miles from the rust ranch, I tend to get my orders the next day.

Thanks Mike!

Larry, the thermostat is a Milodon 16400. I think they are getting more expensive every day.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mil-16400

gm, I would love to visit them. Their service is very good. I ordered the hose and didn't get it. I called them and they said there was a problem with the post office. They shipped me another then followed up with an email. The oil line is a good one. Well made USA stuff.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 05-11-2023 at 06:16 AM.

The problem isn't just expense - it's availability:

"Not Available At This Time

This product cannot be ordered at this time. Future availability is unknown. We apologize for the inconvenience"

Wow you aren't kidding Larry! I did find a few small speed shops that had some, but most say sold out. There are a few things automotive I am having trouble getting right now. Some Automatic transmission parts seem to be scarce, among other stuff.

I think there are supply shortages across the board. It took me 6 months to find a lower unit for a customer’s current production Suzuki outboard. Not that I intend to buy one but dealers could not get diesel pickups.

Shipping has gone crazy too. A couple of years ago it cost $400 to ship that lower unit. This last one was $650 for the same run. $900+ to ship an 18 foot piece of aluminum deck trim that cost $150.53 to buy.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

Shipping is getting to be a hassle, and expensive for sure.