Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: CJ-3A First Willys

Just in case you are still considering a truck to match LarrBeard, this would be a good start on parts.... If I had $3,000 burning a hole in my pocket, and time to go to Montana, I would sure be interested just for the spares.

http://www.ewillys.com/2020/08/13/wa...-troy-mt-3000/

It's at least a '51 - maybe as late as a '59, almost certainly a 4WD.

About the only spare on it I might want is a good driver's side door latch - and with that door hanging open ...??????

Being in Montana, there isn't a bad issue of rust since they do not use calcium chloride on the roads. I saw it posted, and thought it was worthy of throwing it out there. I'd have to add on again to the garage-ma-hall if I were to tackle an endeavor like that. I already have too much stuff stored away.

Man if you had a 40 foot semi trailer you could lay up on the back 40, and a tractor to pull it, you could haul it off to Montana and load it up with some clean steel!

Bmorgil... That would be a worthwhile roady!!! If they had my kind of trucks in a yard like that for 3K, I'd be restless just wondering about it. Dang! Look at all those doors man!

That's how hoarding starts. It's a good thing wagons and early CJs aren't plentiful in these parts, because that's when I stock up during a build. The M38a1 build yielded three donor bodies and one complete rolling chassis. It was a happy day when the body work was done on the project, and all the excess was loaded up and sent home with the owner. There is only so much room at the rust ranch.

Let’s go!!

Ya gotta admit it is with a heavy heart that you liquidate the "spare" parts accumulated during the build up.

I just knew TJ had the equipment! Montana..... ah where the COVID is not setting records.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Ya gotta admit it is with a heavy heart that you liquidate the "spare" parts accumulated during the build up.

I just knew TJ had the equipment! Montana..... ah where the COVID is not setting records.
    Back in my Single Life years I was a guide for a outfitter in Missoula, I somewhat know my way around Montana and we could get a little Elk, Deer and Antelope hunting in while we are there.

I would love to go. Elk is mighty tasty, plus I could drive a leg or few, since I'm still legal to 80,000 lbs.