Thread: CJ-3A First Willys

Hybrid View

A few smudges on PeeJ makes it look even better.... But of course, that's my opinion. I think when I get a bunch of time in a row, I'm going to attempt to aircraft polish the Heep. There will be a bunch of steps and grits and polish to get it to really pop, (or burn the retinas out of everyone in the sunshine). I am pondering if it would look right with the rough spots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 04-30-2024 at 11:21 PM.

A Composite Reply:

Bob: PeeJ just wanted to go play in the mud like old days.

On Sunday we took Ham's '48 out for a show. Earlier in the morning it was raining pretty hard and I told Becky we might not go. Her reply was that it was supposed to stop raining before noon, why not go. I mansplained to her that even if it wasn't raining, that if the roads were wet the places under the fenders and the underside got wet and muddy and those were the hardest to get cleaned. But - things dried out OK and we went.

GMWillys: A number of years ago I was waiting on an airplane somewhere and this I heard this rumble even up in the waiting area. I went over to the window and there was the rattiest P-47 imaginable. The aluminum was dull and you could see just about every frame and brace in the fuselage and wing structures where the skin had dimpled in. The Heep might look a little like that once you polished it up - a lot of experience showing.