Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: CJ-3A First Willys

Troy is 3 hours NW of Missoula way up in the Kootenia National Forest, and it’s 31 HARD hours of Non Stop driving from Akron!!!
    Another thing is, does he have a way to load everything??
    If not we’d have to drag my Cat Skid Steer on tracks with forks along with us.
    I’d love to go out again, but it may be a lot easier to find somebody that’s dead heading back to the east coast empty.
    From the sounds of his location it doesn’t matter if your legal or not if you can touch the pedals and grab gears your legal in that part of Montana
    It’s way out in the boonies!!
    Last edited by TJones; 08-15-2020 at 01:42 PM.

I might just go up there and stay. I love Montana, but never could find a job to sustain my lifestyle. It might be time to change my lifestyle?

A deadhead rig would be the cheapest route, but where is the adventure.... I've done things that made much less sense, like working a heavy equipment repossession from Minnesota to Madina Ohio and back. All on a whim.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 02-03-2021 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I might just go up there and stay. I love Montana, but never could find a job to sustain my lifestyle. It might be time to change my lifestyle?
    And I immediately think of pelago and his tent, stove and coffee pot, riding out the storm.

Bacon? Did somebody say they are cooking up bacon? We shoulda been gone this morning. All this talk and some local hoarder is probably already on the job. Hell, I once bought the rest of a yardsale just to have stuff for in cases of... I'm in fellas. And I don't even need anything for my build just now. But wait - simply imagine all the Jeep stuff you'd see in 31 hours of back roads?!?!

Wow bmorgil, you did a fantastic job with your peeJ. It looks wonderful. I love the Emerald Green. No wonder you snatched that first place on that show.

Thanks bb! It was a life changing experience I tell ya' !

Famous?!? BMorgil wtg. I'm all lollygagging around and suddenly the better half finds me in the yard handing me a new mag fresh off the presses called Kaiser-Willy's Jeep such and so. Well, you are right. It was almost 80 degrees outside and mail is nice and cool in my hand along with a icy lemonade. But that's not the point. Of course I pick it up and smell the thing! It is a regular old sit down and read all about em mag-o-zine! So I do. And guess who's shiny jeep cj3a do we find? Right there on page 12, willy's. jeep. life. There she is in pictures... The BMorgil cj-3a-firstwillys resto extraordinary with forum leaders riding inside of it!!! Fantastic!!
    Last edited by 5JeepsAz; 02-02-2021 at 10:15 PM.

Wow Az I haven't seen that. I cant tell you how much that picture means right now. A lot of thanks belongs to this forum and KW for that Jeep.

Alrighty Bmorgil... My friend you know I'm studying on how and why forum gurus live the jeep resto life, to help me figure out what the heck just happened - I basically built a jeep truck my way, say what?!? Now I'm done. What do I do next?!? Lol. So, I just finished re-reading your build thread from start to finish... PeeJ is a crafted piece of historical art. I had forgot what you started with, a frame!? Not even a tub really, and now realize you went to Toledo, got bitten by the jeep resto bug, bought that frame, sourced a tub, fought with weld demons, wiring gremlins, thermostats, oil spray, and a year (two?) later here you go riding through that same Jeepfest parade in your own rig named peeJ built by your own hands and getting highlighted on killer websites and in magazine photospresads and such. That is pure solid gold. Thanks for sharing this class build and for checking in on my build at the same time!

You are very welcome Az and the same right back at you! Az it is the same for all of us who keep pushing till we can do with it, what we intended. I wanted to have something to cruise to the ice cream shop 2 miles away and any parade or show within a stones throw, that would allow me in. The "kibitzing" and vehicles you see are what I go for. So I did what every member of this forum does and have helped me do, got started on one. I needed it to run well and look like it belonged. I wanted it to look like 1950. So that was my pursuit.

Lets look at yours, Classic Cindy! That truck is tailored to you like a Giorgio Armani. You wanted a lot from that truck to say the least, and you continue to find more that you want from it. You have achieved the exact same thing! A Classic, perfectly matched to what you want by your own process and thought.

I tell you the entire deal here the Forum, the stories,the shows, the suppliers, the parades, the cruising, the outside......

Can't miss Az!