Thread: CJ-2a Soft top bows

CJ-2a Soft top bows

Putting Nellybelle back into working order and in many photographs and video it's got the center top bow still fitted, so I'd like to find one. Don't need a top. Don't need any of the other bows. The more beat up and aged looking the better. Anyone have one sitting behind their shed? I suppose it would be easy enough to just make one out of conduit as well. Anyway, I'm close to San Diego, CA if any locals have one they don't need.

nellybelle_thumb.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

According to the pictures presented, the top bow is narrowed from stock. The original bows would have been attached at the bracket above the fuel tank on the exterior of the body. With the added body work, it may have been the thought of the builder that it would have made more sense on the inside.

I agree. I think I'll just get some 1/2" or so conduit and bend it to what looks close at my local muffler / welding shop. I need to get some new front feet made up and welded to the rear seat frame anyway. Made some progress on a couple of things today. Soon to be seen at a SoCal Cars and Coffee! Thanks again for the advice on things.

Gar