Thread: will it pass

Lightbulb will it pass

i have a 69 cj5 with a 225 v6 in it. I am not sure if I will get by az emission testing. the engine shows signs that it had some emission stuff on it. the vin says it did. just above the exhaust manifolds it has plugs that had had the tubing cut off. but if it had had an air pump the timing chain cover has no ears on it to hold that thing. is there a place that still sells that stuff probably not, I don't know and have not found any. you never know it might pass with just a pvc valve and a good tune up and run it lean. if some one has any advice send it on. thanks

90degree I’m not sure how it is in Arizona but in Ohio if you title it as a collector/historical vehicle or if it is over 25 years old you don’t have to get it “E-checked” in Ohio
    Maybe something to look into.
    Last edited by TJones; 01-21-2019 at 06:38 AM.

Really? Even California doesn't bother with vehicles earlier than 1976.

Interesting. Arizona does require emissions testing on everything 1967 and newer. The only exemption according to their web site is A vehicle 6 years and newer.
    A good tune up, with some hotter plugs, and a lean mixture should get you in the ball park. It will be tough to come up with a factory air pump, but there might be aftermarket conversion kits that may help you to be legal.

well I have been looking at that option. but mileage would be restricted, and a few other things. I am not ruling that out. I have a bad habit of putting the cart in front of the horse. I should have the jeep ready in a month or so. then I will go see. thanks.

when I bought the jeep emissions crossed my mind but I bought it anyway. I have thought of other things too like putting a throttle body on it with a catalytic converter. I bet that v6 would just scream with a throttle body on it. I will go to emissions within the next two months, and take it from there. I just wondered if someone else had a 225 and had it pass. thanks later

yeah az is a little picky. 1967 an newer. I might have to call my representative. ooops government is down. thanks.

I am not sure if I replied to you yet biggar. tell me if you get this then i'll know I am pressing the right buttons. you know I don't look at this as insurmountable but dealing with older stuff does make it harder. it must be the thrill of the hunt. thanks