Thread: Needing to sell my CJ-5, but have questions

Needing to sell my CJ-5, but have questions

I had the unfortunate event last Thursday of my piston rod shooting through the engine of my '08 Toyota Camry. I need to get a new car, which means (start the tears)...I must sell my 1960 Willys Jeep CJ-5. However, I just got it a few months ago, made a few improvements, but not much. It runs and looks great. I just don't know what kind of questions I may be asked. Can you help me out? I want to list it today if possible, but not sure what to put in the listing and how much to ask for it. It looks like there are similar CJ-5's for sale at around $4,000 and they aren't running right now. Others are showing more...but I just don't know what I should do as I received this as a gift and have no idea what it's worth. One bluebook said around $10,000, but that doesn't allow me to enter the condition or anything. It's also a bit of a frankenstein too (boat seats, stuff like that), so that doesn't help. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A great person to contact is Dave Eilers at ewillys.com. He can give you a rough idea of what you should list your CJ-5 for. If you want a detailed estimate, he does charge a fee but he is very detailed and knowledgeable.

dave@ewillys.com

Thanks, I’ll send him a message!