Thread: New Member-Old Jeeps

New Member-Old Jeeps

Hi guys, I am new here and will be asking a lot of questions. I picked up this 1949 CJ2A. Do I have a project or what. I really like the half cab but can not find another one just like it. Oh well, time to start buying parts, clean & paint. The body is in good condition and the hat channels are not rusted, Maybe the cab saved them. This is an abandoned project, so lots to do.47' willys cab 003.jpg

Do I have a project?

Quote Originally Posted by Teds Ride View Post
    Do I have a project or what. 47' willys cab 003.jpg
    Oh yeah - you have a project! It looks like a pretty common starting place.

You will find Ah HA's! Then you will find AWwwhhh Poooohhh's! Keep us informed on all of them. We don't know all the answers, but we have skinned knuckles, greasy shirts and a lot of opinions to "hep yew out".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome Ted!

Looks like a great project! Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. LarrBeard is our resident electrical guru, and our all around voice of reason. Pelago is finishing up his M38A1 project, and has logged his trials and tribulations. TJones is in process of building a Willys Overland Replitub. Then I tend to be a Jack of all trades, master of some. I can help pick out the right size hammer needed to beat things back together.

If you are interested in information on the half can, tune in to eWillys.com. David Eilers has an extensive amount of information on all the accessories for Willys, and the history behind the companies. He can put you on the right track if you need parts for the cab. The long suffering Misses and I had a chance to meet he and his lovely Wife last May, and they were very friendly. He really knows his subject matter.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 02-18-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Welcome Ted

You are right about "do I have a project or what" I am not real sure if that was a question or a statement but what ever it was you have 1 Great Start to a project that will be worthwhile to your soul.GM was right about Larrbeard,Pelago and himself those 3 guys are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to Jeeps. Don't be afraid to ask ANYTHING on here about a Jeep (any year or model) they will have a answer or will give you a website that relates to your question (GM once told me there is no such thing as a stupid question on here).
    I wouldn't be where I am at today on mine if it wasn't for them answering questions,solving problems or just encouraging me along the journey. I am finally at a point that the light i am seeing at the end of the tunnel is that I'm getting close to finishing and not a freight train.
    One more thing Larrbeard forgot to mention when he told you we have skinned knuckles and greasy shirts, he forgot to mention the burn holes in our clothes from the extensive cutting,grinding and welding your about to get yourself into.
    Keep us posted with the 3 P's Pictures, Progress and Problems.......