Thread: Tub ser #1401177

Tub ser #1401177

Photos of ser #IMG_1724[1940].jpg

Ser # B140117 is stamped on the left side toe board support ,can not fine any info on tub, MD JAUN says it's not there tub???

Thanks
    Karl

That might be a die or mold number ....

New photo of ser#140117Attachment 4019
    This ser#140117 is stamped in with letter & numder die stamps, someone must know who’s tub or has seen this before with all the experts on forums.

Thanks
    Karl

From all that I can gather, Hotchkiss is the only one that places a letter then the serial number, but they use an H rather than a B. Attached to the earlier post, is some cosmetic differences between the GPW and a Hotchkiss Jeep. Mr. TJones has recently purchased a Willys Overland Replitub, which is an MDJuan reproduction tub. He stated that there were no stampings from either on his tub. I had an early '80s reproduction tub, and do not recall there being any stampings on it either. The part that is ponderous to me from the photo, it appears to be a raised serial, and not a punched series. Maybe it is my eyes playing tricks? Depending on your location,(Europe, Canada, U.S.) I would be leaning towards the Hotchkiss as being your source of origin. An error may have been made in the serial process?
    Last edited by gmwillys; 02-25-2019 at 11:41 AM.

The serial number is stamped with die letters and numbers the way my I phone took photo looks like raised instead of die stamped with stamped into tub, Tried to post better photo but wouldn’t let me post still learning system.

Thanks
    Karl

That makes a lot more sense to me. I thought it was the way I was looking at it, but wanted to verify. I'll continue to dig around and come up with a definitive answer to your question. It's out there, just need to find it.

Thanks Hope you have better luck then me ,been looking every where hit a wall.

Karl

Willys was the worst about keeping records for anything. Ford kept somewhat better records, but with their war effort it was all about quantity. Mehindra in India also had a license to build Jeeps for the war effort, and I will do some digging to follow that lead.