Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project update.

Wait until you get the tub set in place, but not the engine. That will give you room to work on routing and the instrument holes show destinations for things (my opinion). Other opinions may differ.

These are all good ways to go. As okiemark stated, there isn't much there. I had mine together when I wired it. There aren't many wires that's for sure. Following gmwillys it would be easiest to wire all wires that hook to the frame first, before the body. As Larrybeard said, it would be easiest to get to the firewall with no motor. I like okiemark, had it all back to together and it wasn't bad at all. If I did it again I would apply all three methods. Some on the frame, some on the firewall and the rest with the body on. One thing okiemark pointed out, the wiring under the dash is done laying across the hump on your back. If you can get some of that done on the bench it would be good.

And just like that I have direction! One cannot put a price on the knowledge that is out there. I thank you gentlemen and this forum once again. I like the frame first and the dash on the bench idea the most. Bending underneath ANY dashboard at 58 is no longer any fun. The next update should feature a rolling chassis with at least an engine.
    Hope everyone is healthy and no going insane with this virus.
    Thanks again
    Tom

Tom, you are going to have an opportunity to see how it will all go when you fit the body. It is pretty important to put the repro bodies completely together before you do anything "Finish". I will put some money it will need "Fitting". I would be sure the motor is sitting where it will be. Start by putting the fenders and grill on. Everything fits from there back.The firewall on the Juan tub stamping is not correct where the throttle linkage is on the back of the engine block. On mine the tub struck the block there, and had to be significantly modified. It was giving me fits. I could not figure out why the tub would not move forward far enough to bolt to the fenders. It had to be modified by about 2" in.

You will get a good idea of what you can and cannot wire easily, when the body is back on for good. I often thought about fixturing the tub up vertically, and standing under the dash to wire it prior to install. I was chicken I would scratch the paint. It would have made that MUCH easier. I laid on a surgically repaired old back over the hump!
    Last edited by bmorgil; 04-22-2020 at 11:07 AM.