Thread: Bubba's Restoration Project

Bubba's Restoration Project

One of my friends (fortunately a good friend) sent me this. I hope my wife (Bless her heart) didn't put him up to it.

After a beautiful wedding and the Caribbean honeymoon, Bubba was out in the garage doing some work on the Jeep he was restoring. His new wife was standing there watching him.

After a long period of silence she finally said: "Honey, I've been thinking; now that we are married, maybe you don't need to spend so much of your time out here working in the garage. Why not sell some of those machines, that welder thingy, those greasy old tools and those dirty old fix-it books. How about selling that old Jeep that you have to work on all the time? It only goes out once a month? "

Bubba got a serious look on his face and silently stared at her.

She said, "Darling, what's wrong?"

He replied, "Nothing … but for a minute there, you were starting to sound like my ex-wife."

"Ex-wife!?" she screamed, "You NEVER told me you were previously married!”

Bubba replied, “I wasn’t”...

We need to poke fun at ourselves every so often ..... .

It is amazing that the truth is not far from the story. When I met, (or cursed) with my first wife, I was in the process of finishing my shop. As shops go, they often times get filled before the are finished and mine was no different. Long story short, a couple of years of courting, then a couple more of being married, then all the sudden my hobbies were a problem.

My now long suffering Misses isn't always thrilled with my spare time being spent in the garage, but she does understand to a point.