Thread: New to Forum

New to Forum

My name is Mendel and I recently purchased a 1971 CJ5 with V-6 engine. I have not owned a Jeep since the 1980's but grew up driving my father's Jeep, a 1954 CJ3B and got my first CJ5 with 4 cylinder in 1961. After college, i owned a couple of Jeep trucks, two CJ7's and a Jeep Commando. I thought that i might try to restore this 1971 to look like it did when it was new in 1971. The body is in good shape for a 48 year old Jeep. It has some rust on the floorboards. I plan to have all new metal to replace the rust and painted back to original color. I joined this forum in order to get help in the restoration of the Jeep. I am presently getting the engine and mechanical side in good shape before I get into the body work and paint. Any suggestions or help will be appreciated. i live in the mountains of SC on a farm. My wife and I along with our four children are all Clemson University Graduates. Go Tigers!

Welcome Mendel!
    We are happy to have you! We look forward to answer any and all questions that you have, plus we will learn some from what you know.

As long as Dabo beats Satan, they are o.k. by me!

Thanks for your welcome. Happy Memorial Day.

Hello Mendel! You are in the right place. Good luck on your project.