Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Original brake lines... can I just flush 'em??

Brake Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Mark J View Post
    Is Omix ADA the "best" brand? Seems it's the only brand. When I last worked on my jeep, there weren't half the aftermarket parts available today.
    I

If I knew then what I know now, I'd prime and paint brake lines before I put them on ...

But they look so nice right before they rust!

Omix ADA is what most of the Willys world catalogues use. For the good parts, you have to go to a descent Napa, or anywhere where there is still a counter guy who at least remembers when Ronald Reagan was president. Preferably remembers when Eisenhower was in office, but those guys are few an far between. They can set you up with the good parts. One site that popped up has most all the brands in stock, but the Wagner master cylinder was out of stock. Dorman is another brand that I've had good luck with.

https://www.carid.com/1946-jeep-will...s%5B%5D=Wagner

Sorry everyone for the three month delay! I've had some health issues and just didn't get back on.
    I'll likely NOT get the OMIX lines and instead go with a better quality or perhaps paint them or maybe clean coat them.

Glad you are back up and running! Money well spent on good brake lines.

Brake lines

Quote Originally Posted by Mark J View Post
    Sorry everyone for the three month delay! I've had some health issues and just didn't get back on.
    I'll likely NOT get the OMIX lines and instead go with a better quality or perhaps paint them or maybe clean coat them.
    Definitely paint or clear coat. Factory finish doesn't do much. I wish I'd painted mine, even just undercoat black..

Mark, there are stainless lines available. https://www.inlinetube.com/products/sjpb6001

There is a custom stainless bender up in the Detroit area. I can look for his info if you want it. It's around here somewhere!

If you paint the lines, be sure nothing gets inside the lines. It is good practice to give them a blast of air before install also.

Just to finish off this thread...
    I had major surgery back in November so the jeep had to wait. I started the overhaul before surgery and finished it about two weeks ago. I did keep two original lines but everything worked out fine with the new lines I added. Now the dang thing STOPS!! Yea!!
    Thanks for the advise and sorry for the delayed response.

Always good to be able to stop it!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Always good to be able to stop it!
    I actually drove around the block a few times with no brakes at all. I just kept it in the super low gear. I let off on the gas and it nearly comes to a stop. Probably not the smartest thing to do but I had to check a few things!
    But yes... stopping now with brakes is a good thing!!