Thread: Hello Jeep people...

Hello Jeep people...

First time posting on this forum. Millwright/welder by trade but will be picking your brains on all things related to my 1953 3B. It’s a work in progress. I’m hoping to have it road worthy in the next year when my son turns 16! Thanks in advance to those who can help!

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BC3Bguy View Post
    First time posting on this forum. Millwright/welder by trade but will be picking your brains on all things related to my 1953 3B. It’s a work in progress. I’m hoping to have it road worthy in the next year when my son turns 16! Thanks in advance to those who can help!
    Well - we're glad that you're here. This is a group with a vast experience in Jeeps of every flavor with histories in every part of the vehicle - and we are still getting surprised and we are still learning things.

A suggestion:

Get the Shop and Parts Manuals for the CJ 3B. KWAS has them. They will answer many of your questions and help you understand a lot of things a lot faster. That means saving time, skinned knuckles and maybe even some money.

And, we have adopted Rules of Jeep:

1. What you see is what you have - believe nothing someone wrote until you verify it yourself.

2. Never say "Willys would never have done .....(whatever)." If the part fit and worked, they probably did or someone else did later on.

Post us some pictures and let us see what the 3B looks like.

Oh, tell your soon-to-be 16 year old son that Old Jeeps are Chick Magnets (see attachment) - that might get him to help more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you Larrbeard, I will get some pics posted soon. I’ve owned this Jeep for a couple of years. Previous owner had neglected her but I’m now at the engine and wiring stage! My son is excited to get behind the wheel. So am I! We appreciate the warm welcome...

BC3Bguy, your ability to make tools and, weld will be a tremendous help for you. I think your going to like the project. Having the young man work on his "Heirloom" is a fantastic idea.

LarryBeard, your Granddaughter is going to get kill you for that comment!

Welcome BC3Bguy! We look forward to picking your brain as well, when it comes to tool making. I know I like to watch a guy on you tube that is a great metal guy;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9_4BkD5ynk

We look forward to seeing your project, and helping out when you are having a moment of doubt.

Chick Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    BC3Bguy, your ability to make tools and, weld will be a tremendous help for you. I think your going to like the project. Having the young man work on his "Heirloom" is a fantastic idea.

LarryBeard, your Granddaughter is going to get kill you for that comment!

The picture has been in the catalog and I told her she was a pin-up on several thousand greasy garage walls. She is such a shy retiring delicate little flower (full ride Volleyball scholarship) she managed to handle the fame very well...

And now you know the group your getting into BC3Bguy!