Hi! I don't think I've posted here before so registered and have lots of questions. I think it was 4 years ago I bought a 52 Willys pickup that had not been on the road since 1989. It had always been inside but has some minor rust through in places. I think it has a great patina with at least three paints showing through and lettered business name on the door reading Falls Muffler Shop in faded silver paint. The original (I think) motor was locked up and after applying all kinds of solvents did not loosen so I drove out the pistons and decided that looking for a replacement F 134 was the way to go. A fellow from central Wi. helped me out and the replacement F 134 has hung from a cherry picker for prob. 3 years as the motor mount on the driver side did not line up and life got in the way. I finally retired and have been making progress getting things stabilized. Two days ago it tried to start but only ran a couple of seconds from a gas bottle taped to the windshield. It seems it will make several revolutions from depressing the starter pedal and then when I let up and try again there is nothing. If I go out and tap on the starter with a hammer it might try again. I think it is the top starter switch on the starter which is mechanical and actuated from the pedal inside the cab. I have a new switch but not sure how to wire it and kind of like the mechanical aspect. Anyway today it started and ran for 30 seconds or so at a high RPM as I only have the carb linkage jury rigged and it was open too much. I was quick to pull the battery cable! I had been noticing when trying to start it that the coil gets pretty hot. Is this normal? What are the expected readings supposed to be if I test it. Also, it started today with one plug out as I was trying to see how much fire it had to the spark plug. It started so soon I didn't get a chance to see. I still have to plumb a radiator, plumb a fuel cell, install the generator and eventually rewire the whole truck. I have to take baby steps as now am on a fixed income. I would sure like to get it on the road and any help would be greatly appreciated.