Thread: when you change out the brake light sending unit,,,,do you need to bleed the brakes ?

when you change out the brake light sending unit,,,,do you need to bleed the brakes ?

thanks for your help

If you had good solid brakes before you changed the switch, probably not. Just don't let any of the helpers push down on the brake pedal while you're changing it -

Make sure the Master is full before you start. Also you want a good seal on the cap of the Master. The idea would be it is just like opening the bleeder at the wheel. You are just all the way up the system. So as long as "no one pumps the brake", air will not get sucked into the system unless, the master cylinder runs dry or, someone pumps the pedal. If the cap is off the Master or, the seal is no good, the fluid will run out much faster. You will have much less time to install the new switch.

Thank you gentlemen. I had it all set up and ready to go it was out in less than 10 seconds only a few drops came out so I think I'm good have a great day

Success!

Quote Originally Posted by Grouser View Post
    Thank you gentlemen. I had it all set up and ready to go it was out in less than 10 seconds only a few drops came out so I think I'm good have a great day
    Put a big red X on the calendar, every so often things go smoothly!

few and far between!!!