Thread: Going To The Big Dance In Toledo!

Going To The Big Dance In Toledo!

Over the last several days I have spent more time than I expected getting the truck ready for the Big Dance in Toledo. It has not been so primped and groomed in a long time.

I washed under the fenders to get all of the little mud dabs off from the road trip a week ago. I washed off the frame, the shock absorbers too. I touched up the skinned places on the various differential bolts and fill plug as well as the spring hangers. While I was tire shining, even the insides, I shined the plastic gas tank.

Of course it got a good coat of Nano Wax, hand rubbed and all of the glass got shined. Inside got detailed and even the radiator fins got the dead bugs vacuumed out as best I could reach them. It’s so pretty! We couldn’t go get ice cream in it last night lest I get a bug splat!

Looking at Jeep Festival news releases, it sounds like there are about 1,800 vehicles entered in the parade Saturday morning. It has turned into a huge event that seems to have surprised even the organizers. Since the truck is going to be in the arena, I have found a ride in the parade in a “new” 1950 Emerald Green CJ-3A with fewer than 100 new miles on it!

This ought to be fun!

I hope that "new" Jeep makes it the distance! Hell of a way to see if it runs.

https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys...A-First-Willys
    Last edited by bmorgil; 08-06-2019 at 04:25 PM.

The Big Dance

It ran and, we made it to the end! LarrBeard with one eye on the temp gauge and one on the course.

The event.

https://www.toledoblade.com/business...es/20190810126
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bmorgil; 08-11-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Show Stopper

Ham's Truck!
    Last edited by bmorgil; 08-11-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Glad you guys had a great time! Good to have a great engineer to watch over the gauges.

Check out this shot. All eyes on the temp gauge. LarrBeard is saying "Well it seems to have stopped moving". Bob's reply... "That's because its pinned"! Vinny the machine gunner is in the back enjoying the ride.

BTW, special thanks to LarrBeard's transport driver for bringing him and Ham's Truck. A super nice guy.