Over the last several days I have spent more time than I expected getting the truck ready for the Big Dance in Toledo. It has not been so primped and groomed in a long time.

I washed under the fenders to get all of the little mud dabs off from the road trip a week ago. I washed off the frame, the shock absorbers too. I touched up the skinned places on the various differential bolts and fill plug as well as the spring hangers. While I was tire shining, even the insides, I shined the plastic gas tank.

Of course it got a good coat of Nano Wax, hand rubbed and all of the glass got shined. Inside got detailed and even the radiator fins got the dead bugs vacuumed out as best I could reach them. It’s so pretty! We couldn’t go get ice cream in it last night lest I get a bug splat!

Looking at Jeep Festival news releases, it sounds like there are about 1,800 vehicles entered in the parade Saturday morning. It has turned into a huge event that seems to have surprised even the organizers. Since the truck is going to be in the arena, I have found a ride in the parade in a “new” 1950 Emerald Green CJ-3A with fewer than 100 new miles on it!

This ought to be fun!