Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1970 Jeep J-200

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I'm located about three miles from the gate. We'll have to get together for a drink at the camp.
    I feel the need to put the crawler on the trailer and bring it down!

Come on ahead. Now if we can get Pelago to bring a few rifles with him, the county Sheriff's shooting range is across the road. He can school us on precision marksmanship.

So, we will be at Chocco on Jan 11th. Some of our club members will be camping but, I will have my wife and her 92 yr old gpa so we will be staying at the hotel motel. Maybe we can get together for that beer.

Sounds like a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailabite View Post
    So, we will be at Chocco on Jan 11th. Some of our club members will be camping but, I will have my wife and her 92 yr old gpa so we will be staying at the hotel motel. Maybe we can get together for that beer.
    Our ride got rained out and rescheduled for the weekend of Feb 1.

Well, it's been a few weeks, I finally found time to get back in the garage. The old cab support was rusted out beyond repair and I was figuring that since I'm going to mount my seats to the roll cage that I could get by without the support. The more I thought about the more it bugged and so I broke down and rebuilt it. I was able to re-use the center section that goes over the tranny cowl and extended the ends using a 3" C channel. It's a lot more heavy duty than the original piece but, that what I had lol. I still need to finish welding the ends and I will hit a few spots welding it to the floors but, for the most part it's done. I need to sand it down, prime and paint.

Next - getting ready to order the parts required to build my 203/205 doubler.

Image[1].jpg

Image_(1)[1].jpg

I figured your ride was washed out. It came a pretty good storm that Saturday afternoon.

Extra beef doesn't hurt a thing. Looks good! 203/205 doubler should get you up and over nearly any obstacle.

A little more weekend work.

Broke the front windshield
    windshield.jpg

Installed some seam sealer. Used the tube and gun, should have bought the qt can and used the acid paint brush.
    Seam Sealer.jpg

Put the wife to work ripping out all of the old wiring.
    wife.jpg

Found a broken exhaust manifold bolt. Luckily, it came right out with an easy out.
    broken bolt.jpg

broken bolt 1.jpg

That's terrible luck on the windshield, but you made up for it on the win column. The real feat was getting the Misses up under the dash to pull wires. I don't see that ever happening at the rust ranch.

Great luck on the busted bolt! When the easy out works it just makes you smile.

gmwillys,you crack me up! "Rust Ranch"! I am going to get a sign made up for the front gate!

We need to introduce you to the way the state treats precious, expensive steel cars in the "Rust Belt". They cover the road with HEAVY concentrations of Sodium Chloride (salt). We have liquid forms that will vaporize in the air so it permeates every aspect of you ride, if you are lucky enough to get trapped behind the salt truck. We have spreaders on semi's that can throw salt across 3 lanes and pelt you from afar. We use mountains of it. In the spring everything has a nice white dust on it. Your blood pressure increases just by breathing the dust. Then we have auto washes that wash all that salt off with recycled salty water. It is an awesome corrosion test.