Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: 1970 Jeep J-200

Wow on those prices... I admire the DIY crowd. Gonna start doing a little maintenance now that mine is basically built. Never could have done the first stage. keep us posted!

I wore myself out today trying to find frame dimensions for my truck. I can find old Kaiser Willies truck frames from 1960 to 1964 and then the AMC stuff from 1970 on but, for whatever reason 1965 to 1970 seems to be a mystery. I can find 1965 - 1970 on the Military trucks, are these the same as the civilian versions? I have my old frame to measure off of but I was hoping to find something with actual dimensions for reference points if I needed them.
    Last edited by Trailabite; 02-10-2021 at 08:19 AM. Reason: spelling

The frame did not change, at least they say so. I have some books. I'll edit this post with what I've got after chow.

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    The frame did not change, at least they say so. I have some books. I'll edit this post with what I've got after chow.
    If you have something that would be cool. If not, no worries. Like I said, I still have the old frame to use as a template.

Possibly useless... Let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Possibly useless... Let me know!
    Perfect, thanks.

Sorry guys, I sold my project. It turns out that I have too many (5) grandkids that like to go wheeling with us and the two seater toy just isn't going to work out. I will have to try this again after they grow up and don't want to spend anytime with the grandparents lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailabite View Post
    Sorry guys, I sold my project. It turns out that I have too many (5) grandkids that like to go wheeling with us and the two seater toy just isn't going to work out. I will have to try this again after they grow up and don't want to spend anytime with the grandparents lol.
    Ohh that's highly understandable but bet you'll still have the itch for a Willy's soon.

Oh man! Well get a Willys pickup.

be cool brother. hope you made money on it and hope you stick around here and maybe get a new project to work on. this was a good build!