Thread: 1950 cj3a

Hybrid View

1950 cj3a

Greetings,

Purchased a '50 Jeep, very stock but needs some magic fingers correcting a color change, filthy fuel tank, tires, incorrect upholstory and only time will reveal what else. Body and frame is darn near rust free. I'm located in Northern San Diego County. Jeep came from the great state of Colorado.

I've owned Willys Overlands in the sixties and have done many different marques over the decades.

I'm looking forward to bringing the Willys back to a proper appearance. The original color is gray and the dash needs to have some holes welded up. I only do stock, I never modify unless parts are unavailable. The bucket list has but one vehicle left, a Willys pickup, stock of course.

All the best,
    Mike

P.S
    Scouting Ranch is in Arizona, I go there when it isn't a hundred and hell.
    Attached Images Attached Images

scoutingranch, I love it! of course I am biased to the 3A's. I just finished a 3A original restore. It is close to original, but it does have a 12 volt system. Replica wiring but, 12 volts. There are a lot of NOS and repro parts out there. You wont have much trouble keeping it stock.

This one was converted to 12 volts. That type of thing doesn't bother me. Although when I was doing Porsche 356's I always stayed with 6 volt.
    I forgot to add a little something. For those who have heard of Por-15 products, I sold those products for ten years. I have tips for keeping the paint fresh, top coating etc. Tank sealant also.
    Notice I fudged a tad and included a picture of my FJ40

You had me lookin' at that FJ40! I am good with the 12 volts also. I have a 12 volt accessory and USB plug hidden up under the dash. That is a positive thing. I was able to charge my cell phone, in a 1950 CJ.. blasphemy!

There are more than a few who like the 6 volt system. If you have it restore it. Mine like yours was already converted. I considered returning it to 6 volt but, everything was gone or, hacked beyond repair. I had to start from scratch so, 12 volt it was (so I could charge my cell phone).

My son is a Por-15 advocate.

Keep us posted. Good luck!