Thread: Wagon parts

Wagon parts

Hi all... I'm in the middle of restoring a '59 Willys wagon and my body guy gave me a bit more bad news... I have one body mount that is rusted out, specifically, drivers side directly under the seat. He also told me that the both door support posts are beyond repair. None of these parts are available on KW site.

My question... Does anyone have a donor wagon that would be able to sacrifice those parts?

I'll post pics when I get them.

David

Dagwin,

A donor wagon would be hard to come by for a reasonable amount of money, especially not in the same condition you are already fighting. I'm in the same boat as you are, and this will be my solution. Most everything that becomes weak is all sheet metal. All is fairly simple in design sans the pieces that are available commercially. In my opinion, cut out the soft pieces, and either fabricate your own, or take the pieces to a sheet metal shop to have new made.
    Attached Images Attached Images

that second pic is what both of my door supports look like. My body guy gave me the heads up that he will need to fabricate the parts unless I can find reasonable replacements. So I just tossed it out there hoping, trying to hope

It isn't impossible to find a southern, Arizona, or even a North Dakota wagon that is just a hill, and could be purchased for a reasonable amount. The labor to fabricate the pieces needed would be cheaper.
    Wagons are non-existent in my neck of the woods. I knew of two sitting in one yard close by. The owner had passed, and the wife would not sell. Then one day they were gone. The rumor was that the child of the owner had a dope problem, and sold them for scrap. North Dakota has tons of them around, and they are nearly rust free, (they don't use road salt).