Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

Makes a lot of sense. I'm cool with 55 mph top end. Also good with keeping it like it was built, not too many mods. So, last night I edged onto the freeway for one exit. There is really no reason to be on there. This jeep likes a two lane.

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    This jeep likes a two lane.
    There is a lot to be said for a two lane road ...

https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys...=8680#post8680

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    I edged onto the freeway for one exit. There is really no reason to be on there. This jeep likes a two lane.
    Ha ha! Try that at 40 without doors!

Interesting that some folks resto muscle cars, some do Jeep's. Glad I'm in the Jeeping crowd

What Happened to "Cindy's" thread???? Oh no!

Az I hope Amy and Rachel can find your thread.

If anyone out there has a copy or a link or anything that gets you to 5JeepsAz Restoration thread Let us know! Somehow it has mysteriously disappeared. It was going well and then gone.

I have searched multiple ways and I cannot find it. I believe the title was Jeep Gladiator "Cindy". If anyone can get to it let us know.

https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys...adiator-Cindy/
    Last edited by bmorgil; 03-23-2021 at 07:05 AM.

...It's a mystery. Cindy herself was dialed in unbelievable today. Actually learning how to drive without the gas pedal. She just eases into motion! So my badass Kaiser Willy' Jeep pick em up truck is good. I am upright and ticking, so that's good. As for the thread, 65,000+ views, plenty of TOS violations I am sure, so it could be a goner, despite seeming popularity, cause riding the line is what I do and sometimes the shiny side ends up down, and the greasy side ends up, well, up. It's okay. However, and in the spirits of ancient aliens, let's do an investigate where all options lead to more mysteries. I can still login, so haven't been fully excommunicated. I haven't yet told anyone to kiss my ***. So the relationship is still salvageable. It would definitely suck to lose my posts and uploads over the couple years of the Cindy build which are only documented in the thread, but that's life. What happens next? Where does it go from here? Only the forums knows. And we trust the forum! More fun to come ... Stay tuned!!! (And if I'm a goner, just know that Cindy and I love you all, love this forum, and we'llll see youse in Toledo forthwith in a future year. My best, Ole Fivers

I don't recall any reason for you to ever have been censored, and hope your thread returns after its trip through the worm hole. We look forward to your insight and fence adventures. Keep the daily quips coming AZ.

Man it is a tragedy if we can't recover that thread. It is a mystery for sure. Amy is checking on it. Hopefully there was a backup? You are "clean" Az. Never an infraction. Never Banned. Never forgotten. Screwed by the bits and bytes machine however!

Sure hope they have a recent backup.

I resent never having been "censored" nor "banned". What am I worth? Nothing? C'mon man. Deal me a blow!!! Hit me with your best shot!! Alright, so back on topic, something changed today. I've mentioned about driving that every once in awhile I get it right so we know the vehicle operates perfectly. Or can. Today, swear, that thing moved along perfectly. So the goal is to extend the quality drive time and minimize the fumagation clunk and vibrate time. It's the rube goldberg type solution. If one thing goes wrong, it starts to chug, over compensation, fumes, key sticks in the ignition, drop the stogie, radio plays bad music, jus not good overall. But if everything is going right, it sits in it's sweet spot and functions as a completed resto. I'm telling you - the heater even worked right. I was having a problem with the boom box bag sliding off the hump; the super grip handle rubbing the knob and so switching 'on' the AC compressor with the heater also 'on' causing the beast to blow hot then cold, but that's solved. Today I got a full version of Ramblin' Man the same time, the first time I really needed heat. It actually blew warm and steady enough to keep the cab hot with the window open, for the stogie solution to work. I do love them triangle windows! Good tunes, warmth, smooth ride, nice! So after a real nice drive, backed into the expando fence hole without gas pedal. Solved that by using my mid clutch foot, higher, see, to operate the clutch better. Anyway, different clutch application engaged it sooner and held it longer. I'm taught to depress it and get off it, using my front foot. This thing wants a long slow action, the time worn mid foot solution. Have to adjust that when four wheeling though. You use your whole foot on an incline in four low rarely, but you gotta use boot toes jouncing over ruts. Nothing worse than douche clutching yourself into a side hill hole. Remember, I've got only one steering arm since it's a column shift with a two foot throw, and no power steering! Anyway. Purred like a kitten into the big old gravel pit it now calls home. Alright, I admit it. I put a guide pole on the end of the fence about 5' up high. By that's only training wheels! Truck engine turned off without the normal gurgle of indigestion, dieseling. So overall a good day. Maybe I'll get "fully banned" tomorrow...